Sunday, January 14, 2018

Surf Camp - Noosa

Another six days or so have passed since I’ve attempted to write in the blog.  Christmas went well, and each day has been jam packed with events and memory making experiences.

We hit surfer camp, Byron bay, Brisbane, surfers paradise, noosa, farm stay, and now are on our way to white haven via airlie beach.

At surf camp I saw the Milky Way clearer than I remember seeing it ever before, sat and talked to Hannah and Amy along with Justin and izaak.  It was quite a wild night, I think people were getting a little worn out from the sheer amount of stuff we did and it was showing in their ability to function properly.  A few people lost their phones, few people were acting a little strange, as we were all getting to know each other.  I hadn’t remembered this behavior in my previous group trip and discussed it with the others that had gone on previous trips who also agreed.  Each trip is unique I suppose.

I decided to skip surf camp in the morning since it honestly reminded me a lot of my childhood but with smaller waves, since I had already spent a lot of time on beaches I decided to get some rest.

After surf camp we made our way to Byron bay, where I decided to get a massage, go for a run, have a nice dinner, and head out with the group.  I ended up getting a haircut and boogie boarding with izaak.  This is where Izaak and I started becoming closer friends and having deeper conversations, pulling us a bit away from the group.  It was difficult to continuously be in a group and also get everything done that we wanted to do.

I ran to the lighthouse and got to see a lot of the beach at Byron, it was really beautiful.  The bus left around 2 pm and we headed to surfers paradise via Brisbane.  At Brisbane we had a quick stop for shopping but we spent most of our time at the lagoon there relaxing instead of shopping.  We had a “white and black” party on New Year’s Eve planned- I decided to use my Grey shorts and white shirt rather than buy new black shorts, saving me some time and money.

After surfers paradise we headed to noosa lake area for a couple days, where we spent New Year’s Eve.  Noosa was very enjoyable and quaint. We had a lovely new years eve celebration at the marina and in my opinion this brought the group closer together. I really enjoyed getting to know each person more, and on new years eve I was able to talk with Anisha from UK much more and get to know her. By this point I was able to talk to about 1/3 the group and learn about them more than just at an introduction. There were a couple people that were quite weird to me on this trip, unlike anyone I’ve ever met traveling before, which I suppose just helped me learn more about how different we all are and how we all struggle with different things. At one point our tour guide had to get on the loudspeaker and tell people to do a better job of taking care of themselves because a couple passengers were drinking a bit too much. For a few of the members on the trip, this was their first major trip and they perhaps were a little over excited or ambitious and just needed to calm down a bit. I was able to learn a bit more patience and insight this trip and appreciated the diversity in the group; there were all types of personalities on board. Really the most diverse group of people I could have imagined on this type of tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment