Saturday, April 20, 2013

Berlin day 2

Instead of resting I joined Ben, Simon, Matt and Roland to go to a museum.  I don't speak French so I tried my best to just follow them around and use universal language (like pointing and laughing).  This turned out to be a great decision - they took me to see everything.  Roland lives in Germany and acted as a guide- we effortlessly navigated each train and they did it all free.  I paid 2.40 euro for a two hour pass and Roland said "you are so American."  Made me laugh.  I'm glad though that America has a good reputation for actually following the law.  Nikki would have loved the museum we went to - naturkunde...  Dinosaur bones and recreations - all kinds of evolution and things to see.  I really was fascinated and enjoyed the trip.  The museum was huge, kind of felt like the dang louvre - I guess it's better to have too much than too little but I was ready to get out of there by the time I walked the 30 rooms or so of things to look at.  They had a room full of fermeldahyde with dead species in jars to look at... It was neat.

We walked all around the city and when we were done I asked, "what did I miss?"  He replied, "not much," and that we would ride bikes tomorrow to catch the rest.  After the tour we headed back I tried to take a quick nap without much success then woke up and showered.  I headed downstairs and the guys were already starting their night- soon we had a combined group of over 10 people and I met Tomas a pretty cool French guy who really let me know deeper about French type of lifestyle.  I got pretty sick due to lack of sleep and food (I haven't even seen a normal restaurant here yet).  We went to a house techno place that I didn't really like too much - Canada had better.  Then we agreed to head to "Tresor" which I thought had to be better.  Tresor turned out to be a really dark and weird underground club where you couldn't really see anything except strobe lights and the bass was extremely loud.  I took in the experience and then let the guys know I was heading home early.

I decided to fight my weakness brought on by lack of food and bought a dozen eggs (they only had one type of egg that came in 6 packs for 2 euro).  I made myself 7 or so eggs and enjoyed milk, eggs, and cheese - knowing this was the best meal I've had in a long time.  I then went to sleep for about 10 hours and woke up to write this.  I am going to seek out a good restaurant I think...   No bikes for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment